Standard Dental LLC
As we all know that drinking more water is very much more important for the body. Drinking more water is good for health. It always keeps hydrated your body. It protects your body from many health problems. Same way, drinking more water protects your oral health too. It helps to expand the quality of your smile & life. Because once your teeth get damaged, then you will also lose your beautiful and natural smile. You won't feel confident in front of many people. Also helps to protect your teeth & mouth from bacteria.
In this blog let us discuss how drinking more water helps to protect your oral health.
1. Prevents from the dry mouth:
The saliva which is produced in the mouth is nothing but water. So drinking more water will reduce the risk of dry mouth. Dry mouth causes because your mouth stops producing saliva. This dryness of the mouth makes it hard to talk. Dryness of the mouth also produces bad breathe. So drink a sufficient amount of water daily and keep hydrating your mouth.
2. Strengthens your teeth:
Water includes fluoride. Fluoride is an element that is seen in the water. Fluoride reduces the risk of cavities and keeps your oral health healthy. So drinking more and more water is the best way to take care of your dental/oral health and make your teeth and smile stronger.
3. It's Sugar and Calorie-free:
As we all know that water doesn't have any taste. Neither does it contain any kind of artificial element or flavor. People mostly prefer to have fruit juice or sugary drinks which are more dangerous to the teeth. By consuming sugary flavor drinks your teeth get damaged because these drinks leave bacteria which leads to tooth decay and gum diseases. So avoid drinking these sugary drinks instead of that start consuming water which is a good and better and healthy option for your oral health.
4. It cleans the teeth:
As we all are hearing from our childhood that brushing & flossing your teeth twice a day helps to clean your teeth. In the same way drinking more water helps to clean your teeth. Water is not the substitute for the brush. You need to do both options daily. Whatever you eat or drink contains sugar which has an adverse effect on your teeth. Sometimes whatever you eat food sticks to you eat, so drinking water after your every meal help to reduce the bacteria and remove all the food particles which are stuck in your teeth.
Apart from drinking water, there is some dental routine which you need to follow to keep your teeth and smile healthy.
- On a regular basis brush your teeth twice a day.
- Also Flossing your teeth is a good habit. Flossing is used to clean the food stuck in your teeth.
- Use Fluoride so that it will help the Risk of Tooth Decay.
- Every six months have a habit of visiting your dentists for routine dental checkups.
- Last but not least consume more and more water so that your oral health and whole-body system be healthy.
Dental bridges precisely bridge the gap between one or more than one missing teeth. Dental bridge imitate the shape, look and function of natural teeth. They are also custom made for every patient.
A dental bridge is a false tooth (called a pontic) that is held in place by the abutment teeth on either side of the gap. Pontics are made from a variety of materials such as gold, alloys, porcelain or combination of these materials or it is aesthetically blend in with your natural teeth.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are four main types of dental bridges:
Traditional Dental Bridge
Traditional dental bridge is one of the most common type of dental bridge. It contains porcelain fused to metal, ceramic, or all metal like gold. Traditional bridges have one fake tooth called a pontic. A dental crown holds it in place on each side. On this on going procedure our dentist will file and shape the two teeth next to the false tooth. It ensures that both the dental crowns have been fit properly. They are durable, strong, and last a long time with proper care.
Cantilever Dental Bridge
Although similar to traditional bridges. They are made up of porcelain fused to metal. Its must to have one natural tooth remaining next to the missing tooth, to support a cantilever bridge. A artificial tooth (dental crown) is placed on either side over the unhealthy tooth, in cantilever dental bridge. Cantilever bridge is basically used to restore front teeth. This type of bridges aren’t strong enough to support back teeth (molars).
Maryland Dental Bridge
Maryland bridges are also known as adhesive bridges, are less invasive than traditional bridges. They a have a false tooth (pontic) that is supported by a metal framework. Maryland bridges are made of porcelain. The material is nearly the same color as your natural teeth. To keep them stable, these bridges have “wings” that bond to the adjacent teeth. Nowadays, the wings are usually made of porcelain instead of metal.
Less tooth removal is necessary for Maryland bridges because they attach next to the missing tooth to the backside of your front teeth. Like a traditional bridge, a Maryland bridge can only be used when you have a natural tooth on each side of the gap caused by the missing tooth or teeth.
Implant Supported Dental Bridge
Implant-supported bridges are supported entirely by dental implants, instead of a metal framework or dental crowns. Typically, one implant is surgically placed for every missing tooth, and these implants hold the bridge in position. If one implant for each missing tooth isn’t possible, the bridge may have a pontic suspended between two implant-supported crowns.
How to take care of Dental Bridges
Brush twice a day using a soft toothbrush with fluoride toothpaste.
Eat healthy foods that are rich in fibre.
Limited intake of sugary foods and drinks.
Floss once daily and clean under your bridge.
Avoid hard and sticky foods like sticky candy, ice, raw vegetables.
Practice good oral hygiene.
Avoid smoking and tobacco use.
Keep getting regular checkups.
Use antiseptic mouthwash.
If you want to know more about the dental bridges then you should concern your Potomac Dentists (Standard Dental LLC). Book your appointment today. Call us at (301)299-1505 and Feel free to ask your question.
Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening
- Whiter Teeth Provides a brighter more attractive smile.
- The second benefit of Teeth Whitening helps to remove the Stains which help to become your teeth stronger and healthier.
- Complete the Teeth Whitening Procedure take very little time (hardly 30mins to 1 hour).
- One more great benefit of the Teeth whitening procedure is you feel more comfort and no sensitivity will occur in your teeth.
Things to Avoid after Professional Teeth Whitening.
1. Avoid taking hot and cold drinks or foods:
2. Avoid drinking colored beverages:
3. Stop having TOBACCO Products and Avoid SMOKING:
4. Don't Brush as soon as you have Teeth Whitening Treatment:
5. Avoid consuming acidic or colored food that stains your teeth:
- Colored Sauces like soya sauce, red sauce, etc.
- Acidic food like lemons, oranges etc.
- Chocolates(dark, sweeten).
- Red Meat.
- Colored Candy.
For more tips and information you want to know about Teeth Whitening in Potomac, MD, talk to us at Standard Dental LLC. We are located at 9800 Falls Road, Suite 104, Potomac Maryland, MD 20854. Call us at (301)299-1505.
What is Gum Disease?
Causes of Bleeding Gums:
* Taking the Medicines such as aspirin.
* Not brushing the teeth often enough, or at least twice a day.
* Having gingivitis or early-stage gum disease.
There are some things you can do on your own to stop bleeding gums.
5 ways to stop bleeding gums (Treat your Gum Disease):
1. Use a fluoride mouthwash
Fluoride mouthwash is beneficial for oral health as it helps to clear our mouth of debris. It helps to prevent plaque build-up on our gums. On top of that, it can also help to freshen our breath by killing the bacteria associated with bad breath. It’s important that when considering a mouthwash we choose one containing fluoride to help give our teeth that extra protection throughout the day.
2. Eat a Healthier food
Improving your diet can go a long way toward improving your oral health and stopping bleeding gums. A diet full of whole foods, such as vegetables and fruits, gives your gums the nutrients they need. If your diet is packed with nutritionally deficient, sugary foods, such as candy, soda, and refined bread, your gums aren't getting the nutrition they need to stay healthy and intact. An article on The Dr. Oz Show blog recommends boosting the amount of vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and magnesium in your diet to improve the state of your gums.
3. Using ice
Hold a cool compress, a small ice pack, or an ice cube against swollen, bleeding gums to help soothe them. Ice packs are especially helpful to soothe minor mouth injuries that cause swelling, such as cuts and scrapes. They can also help reduce pain and swelling caused by gingivitis.
4. Avoid Smoking
Smoking is terrible for your health. Along with increasing your risk for certain cancers and heart disease, it plays a big role in the development of gum disease. The toxins in tobacco smoke keep your gums from getting the nutrition that they need and can lead to inflammation. Quitting can be tough, but it's one of the most important things to do if you want to protect your oral and overall health.
5. Using the right toothbrush
If a person has sensitive gums, they can opt for a toothbrush labeled as extra soft or sensitive. Firm or medium toothbrushes are too rough on the gums. People should prefer to use toothbrushes with soft bristles for 2 minutes twice a day. Replace toothbrushes every 3 to 4 months, or sooner if the bristles look frayed.
Healthy gums are needed to support healthy teeth. Please don’t ignore bleeding when brushing. Follow the steps and treat your gum disease at home. If the bleed is not stopping then you should concern your Potomac Dentists (Standard Dental LLC). Book your appointment today. Call us at (301)299-1505 and Feel free to ask your question.
START YOUR DAY WITH BEAUTIFUL "SMILE"
We all know that taking care of your healthy body, your personality etc are very important, in same way taking care of our teeth, of your oral health is also considered as a important and good habit which you have to follow Routine.
Good Dental care is more important than just keeping your teeth and gums healthy. Because if there is any problem you are suffering in your mouth it will also cause problem to your body parts. During this difficult time, people are staying at home, can't go for routine checkup to their dentists Potomac MD. Don't miss this opportunity you can take good care of your oral health at home.
So we will discuss some Tips below to follow to take care of your healthy teeth & Smile at home.
1. Brush & Floss - REGULARLY:
Brushing your teeth daily twice a day for two minutes with soft bristled brush and to keep your teeth and Gum more healthy and strong. Also Flossing helps you to remove the particles that are stuck in between the teeth. So Floss your teeth daily Because of which flossing will keep you germs and plaque free and will help you to maintain good oral health by staying at home.
2. Avoid Smoking & Tobacco:
As we know that smoking is injurious for health. Because of smoking, intake of tobacco your health gets affected - the lungs gets badly affected, suffer from cancer. In same way if high intake of smoke and tobacco is consumed your oral health will also suffer your teeth & gum will get affected badly. By consuming such products it leave very bad dirty color on your teeth, your teeth loses its original white color, also causes erosion in your gums and lead to tooth loss. So by avoiding this unhealthy product you will lead good healthy teeth and oral health which will maintain your smile.
3. Eat Healthy Foods to keep your Teeth & Smile Healthy:
Having proper balanced diet plan can make your smile, health and your overall health strong and maintained. There are some foods that you need to include into your daily meal plan such as vitamins & minerals which will help your body to stay healthy and fine and also will help your teeth to stay stronger and healthier.
* Phosphorus, which is found in fish, meat, nuts is a mineral that works with calcium to build strong, healthy bones and teeth.
* Calcium, which is found in milk, cheese, yogurt is an essential mineral that strengthens enamel.
* Vitamin C, which is found in citrus fruits as well as tomatoes, kiwifruit, sprouts, broccoli and more, helps to maintain good healthy gums and protects against gum disease.
4. Drink Plenty of water & Drink Tap Water:
Most tap water is fortified with fluoride these days. Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that has been proven to strengthen your tooth enamel. This makes you much less susceptible to cavities. Bottled water typically doesn’t have fluoride, so unless you’re drinking tap water, you’re missing out on some dental health benefits.
5. To maintain healthy teeth & Smile right products must be used:
Get a soft bristled toothbrush and a good, minimally abrasive toothpaste. Hard bristled toothbrushes can damage soft tissue and cause unnecessary tooth enamel erosion. Abrasive toothpastes are often recommended for teeth whitening, but these products can accelerate dental wear.
6. Rinse with mouthwash:
Mouthwash helps to fight against bad breathe. It helps to fight against killing the bacteria which leads to gum disease and protects your teeth and gum from getting damaged. So rinse your mouth for 30 to 60 seconds for best and better result.
In Today's Time Smile is the best compliment that people gives. Because of good and natural smile you look good and beautiful. You can achieve confidence in front of everyone. There are many reasons your teeth get damaged and for that you may need ultimate option which is Dental crown. Dental Crown look exactly like a teeth you have . This Dental crowns can protect your tooth after a root canal, strengthen a cracked tooth, or enhance the appearance of a misshapen or discolored tooth.
You need to keep the dental crowns in good condition to make sure they last for a long time. For that you need to follow proper tips and tricks that will maintain your crowns for long lasting.
Reasons to get a crown
A crown is beneficial for various oral health situations including:
- To restore a worn or broken tooth
- To protect a weak tooth with decay from breaking further
- To hold a cracked tooth together properly
- To cover stained or discolored teeth
- To cover a tooth with a large filling that doesn’t have a lot of tooth left
- To make many different cosmetic improvements
Tips and Tricks to make your crowns healthier and not get affected sooner by anything that you consume:
1. Brush regularly
Brushing a dental crown is as easy as brushing your natural teeth.
- Brush twice a day
- Brush for a full two minutes
- Use a toothpaste with the ADA seal of approval
It may be tempting to use a brush with hard bristles, but more abrasion doesn't necessarily make your teeth cleaner. In fact, brushing too vigorously can damage your gums and enamel. Instead, use a brush with soft bristles, which is also good for your crown.
2. Use a Night Guard
The night guard looks like a retainer and makes sure that your upper and lower teeth do not touch. It can be useful for people who have a habit of grinding their teeth during their sleep. The grinding motion doesn't just wear the crown and the rest of your teeth down, but it can also cause the crown to pop off.
3. Floss daily
Flossing removes the plaque, bacteria, and debris from in between your teeth where brushing alone can’t reach. The ADA recommends flossing once per day, but if you have food stuck between your teeth, you can floss more often.
4. Maintain Good Habits
Most dental crowns can last from five to fifteen years. The lifespan of your Dental Crown depends on your dental hygiene and other oral habits. Permanent crowns, however, require less maintenance than temporary ones. Brush and floss your teeth regularly and do not forget to rinse your mouth, especially the area with the crown with an antibacterial mouthwash.
5. Take care with hard foods
Hard foods can chip or crack your natural teeth, and they can also chip porcelain crowns. Avoid hard foods like popcorn kernels, hard candies, and ice cubes. Sticky, hard candies can be especially problematic for oral appliances. Also, avoid chewing on non-food items such as pen caps and fingernails. Should you feel the urge to chew, try substituting with a piece of sugar-free gum. Chewing gum has the added benefit of reducing your risk of cavities.
6. Schedule regular checkups
One of the best ways to take care of your teeth is to stay proactive. Have your regular visit to your dentists if you suffer from any of the dental disease. Get Identified your problem and get treated your dental problem as soon as possible.
Don't Worry We are here to address you and take care of your problem. If you have any questions you can contact us at (301)299-1505 or visit our office Standard Dental LLC or visit www.standarddental.com and get your teeth get treated.
1. Proper Teeth cleaning:
2. Gargle your mouth:
3. Avoid Consuming foods and beverages that leaves stain to your teeth:
- Fruits like Blackberries, pomegranate.
- Sugary foods ad drinks that you need to avoid or need to consume less as it produces bacteria on tooth and results in tooth decay.
- Acidic foods like lemons, tomato etc.
- Coffee, tea & Wine this beverages can leave stain our your teeth and destroy your beauty.
4. Avoid consuming tobacco products & Avoid smoking:
As we all know that tobacco ad smoking products are injurious to health. On same way this products are also dangerous and have bad impact on your oral health, on your teeth. Consuming this products will turn your teeth color from white to brown. And if this stain remains in your teeth it will be impossible to get removed from teeth. So it will be better decision if you quite consuming this products.
5. Get teeth whitening from us:
You don't need to live with dingy, yellow teeth any longer. A bright, sparkling smile will change the way people see you and how you feel about oneself. So what are you waiting for? Hurry in for your Zoom! Teeth Whitening treatment; it will put a smile on your face. Book your appointment with Potomac Dentists - Standard Dental LLC. Call us at (301)299-1505.
Lets's Discuss the 11 facts about the Invisalign Treatment at - Standard Dental LLC
1. Quality Materials are Essential:
2. Invisalign Usually Costs More Than Traditional Braces:
3. Flexibility & Comfort:
4. Millions of Happy Invisalign Clients:
Each day, more people choose Invisalign treatment, and the number continues to rise. Advancements in digital technology have made the process very effective and very convenient.
5. Fewer Appointments and No Hardware:
6. No Specialist Needed:
7. Do Your Homework:
8. Same Process, Same Results:
9. Diligence is Important:
10. There is a Time Commitment:
11. Follow Up is Necessary:
What is a Dental crown?Dental crowns are a dental restoration which completely caps or encircles a tooth or dental implant. Crowns are also a necessity after receiving a root canal. The crown is a cap that repairs your damaged teeth in normal size, shape, color, and function. The "Crown" or "Cap" will make your teeth stronger and healthier and also will make your smile perfect and natural. we can also call this Dental Crown as "Tooth-colored jacket" or "Tooth-shaped".
Dental Crown can restore your Tooth
When will you need a dental crown?
Types of Dental Crown Material.
* Ceramic Crowns:
* Crown made of gold alloys:
* Crowns made of base metal alloys:
* Crowns made from porcelain fused to metal:
Making of Dental Crown for you:
- Firstly your Potomac dentist prepares the tooth so the crown will get fit. The dentist will prepare the tooth in the same tooth structure which is yours.
- An impression is made to provide an exact model for the crown. The impression can be made from a mold or by digitally scanning the tooth.
- While you wait for the permanent crown to get ready, your dentists will give you a Temporary crown till that time because to make permanent crown it takes 2 weeks. Avoid teething chewing gum, sticky foods, sugary foods, or drinks and also avoid taking hot or cold foods because while you have temporary crown you may suffer from sensitivity.
- The last thing is now once you get permanent dental crown dentists will remove the temporary one and will fix and place the new permanent crown in your mouth. Now you can give your natural smile and enjoy your favorite food.
Caring for your crown.
Since you have now your own teeth i.e Crown teeth. Now you need to take care of your teeth very carefully. If you keep your crown teeth clean and healthier no one can identify that your teeth are replaced teeth with a crown. To keep your teeth clean and strong and avoid becoming loose or fallen out, you need to follow some instructions like taking good care of your teeth( use a soft brush and brush your teeth twice a day and floss your teeth daily), avoid teeth clenching and visit your Dentists Potomac MD- Standard Dental LLC every 6 months for cleaning your teeth and routine checkups done. And Enjoy your pretty beautiful natural smile.
Schedule your Appointment with Potomac Dentists- Standard Dental LLC, Give us a call on (301)299-1505 and Visit our office to know whether you need a crown or not We will be happy to help you and return your Beautiful Natural smile.
1. Avoid Candies or Sugary Products:
2. Brushing teeth twice a day:
Brushing your teeth is very much important whether you are kid or adult. Brushing your teeth is must. Brushing your teeth is the good habit and routine task that all people has to follow. You need to teach your kids from their child hood how brushing teeth is important in their routine life. Your child need to brush their teeth twice a day. To make the habit in your child as a parent you should brush your teeth along with your child. Make your child to brush their teeth before they go to sleep at night and also early morning before you have your breakfast. At-least for two minute you should make your child to clean properly teeth with soft brush.This will make your child's teeth strong and healthy for lifetime.
3. Avoid giving baby bottles during bedtime:
We know that baby bottles are used for the kids for feeding them milk from bottles. Many of the parents give their child the milk in baby bottles and use them for feeding child. But their is one thing or fact that you may don't know. Feeding milk to your child with baby bottles during bedtime and for a long time when the child goes for a nap with bottle of milk in mouth. Because sugary liquids attracts bacteria which will cause tooth decay, bacteria and infection. So while bedtime parent should give baby bottle which should contain only water.
4. Let them Choose:
To make your child brush their teeth with their own and want to make their regularly habit, then let them make a choice to choose their own toothbrush. This will make them look forward to brushing teeth. Now a days we can see cartoon characters toothbrush especially for children's. This toothbrush have soft bristle and smaller head which will make child more comfortable to use and they will enjoy brushing their teeth daily and make their habit.
5. Visit your dentists twice a year:
Visit Standard Dental LLC - Potomac dentists MD to know more. Contact us at (301)-299-1505 or book you appointment by filling patient form.
There are some tips that you should follow if you are on vacation or holidays:
1. Avoid Chewy TreatsChewy products are not good for your teet. It causes harm to your teeth. As chewy products stick to the teeth and also damages the tooth enamel. This chewy product includes gummy candies, caramel these products can yank out fillings. Still, if you are on holiday still be careful to avoid this chewy sticky product and choose healthy foods/products which are good for your teeth.
2. Say NO to nail-bitingThe holidays can be stressful, but biting your nails won’t bring relief. Anxious nibbling is bad for both fingernails and teeth. The habit is linked to teeth grinding, clenching, jaw problems, facial pain, and sensitive teeth. To avoid biting nails on your stress time or any other time.
3. Care for Your Teeth After EatingTaking care of your teeth is a good and important thing for your tooth health. You should take proper care of your teeth. After your meal, you should brush your teeth. You should make this thing as a routine. If for some reason you are not able to brush your teeth then you can use the mouthwash, it will also help you to remove the food particles and bacteria. It will also help you to keep your teeth healthy and will you to produce fresh breath.
4. Don’t crack nuts with your teeth.Many people have developed the habit of cracking nuts with their teeth. A simple way to avoid cracking a tooth, and needing an emergency visit to the dentist, is to always use appropriate nutcrackers. Although protein found in nuts helps keep muscles and bones strong. The hard surface of most nutshells can cause serious tooth and gum damage, and may even crack teeth.
5. Avoid chewing on hard candy or ice cubes.Chewing or Crunching ice or hard candy can crack or chipped the teeth which will harm your teeth and will suffer from pain. Ice can cause discomfort for sensitive teeth, and hard candies promote tooth decay.
Instead of avoiding the fun altogether, here are some helpful recommendations on how to effectively protect your teeth against the most common harmful holiday activities.
If you have any questions contact us and Feel Free to ask questions. Book your appointment with Standard Dental LLC.
Metal fillings are still a perfectly normal and effective way to repair a damaged tooth. Metal fillings are called amalgam fillings by dentists. This name comes from the fact the material is an alloy of metals (including silver, copper, tin, and zinc). Some amalgams can also contain small amounts of mercury, but the American Dental Association has determined that the amount of mercury is so small that it doesn’t post a health risk to patients (source). However, if you’re concerned and would rather avoid the presence of mercury completely, you should choose composite fillings or gold fillings instead.
Composite resin fillings are what dentists call tooth-colored or “white” fillings. Composite is an artificial tooth-like material that is a blend of hard durable plastics and glass. In this way, composite resin imitates your natural tooth enamel, which is also a glass-like material. The dentist also adds coloring agents to the composite resin to ensure it is indistinguishable from the rest of your tooth.
Gold fillings are a different type of metal fillings. Unlike amalgam, they are made entirely from gold. Also, unlike amalgams and composite fillings, gold fillings are cast from a mold of your tooth then applied, a process that requires two dental visits. Both amalgam and composite fillings are sculpted from a pliable material then hardened in place, allowing the treatment to be completed in one visit.
You should know that some insurance companies consider amalgam fillings to be the standard of care and view composite fillings as a cosmetic option. While amalgam and composite fillings serve the same purpose in terms of repairing your tooth, composite fillings cost a little more. As a result, some dental insurance plans don’t cover or reimburse the cost of composite fillings as much as they cover amalgam fillings.
However, please remember that all decisions about your oral health should be between you and your dentist. How much of the cost of treatment is covered by your insurance should not be considered with the same weight as a treatment recommendation from a clinician or your own personal preferences? In other words, don’t feel obligated to choose one treatment over another based on what your insurance covers or reimburses you for. If you prefer to have nearly invisible, tooth-colored fillings, you should feel free to choose composite fillings.
If you have any questions about the options we offer for fillings, or any questions about the treatment procedures, please feel free to ask us at any time!
|Call Us at (301)299-1505 |
or visit Standard Dental LLC office at 9800 Falls Road, Suite 104,
Smile is the most important asset for your face. Everyone wants fresh and beautiful smile. Smile also boosts your overall health. So to have a beautiful smile on your face you need to take care of your teeth, if your teeth are not in good condition then get treated or visit our Potomac MD office - Standard Dental LLC.
Why Smiling is Good for you?
1. Smile Helps to Make Connections:Smile is the more powerful thing that helps to get connected with the people. Smiling makes you more friendly & trustworthy. This also helps you to be much confident in front of a person/ people. For example, If you are in a place or situation where you don't even know anyone because of your smile you will be not left alone and strangers will also become friends. So keep smiling to get connected with more people.
2. Smile also Reduce Stress:Nowadays stress is the most common thing which is occurring for everyone. So to release the stress the concept of "Happy Hour" is started. For example: If there is any load or stress related to work then employees can gather together or go for dinner/lunch and make some fun, laughs together and because of this concept the stress gets reduce. Smile also reduces the heart problem. So smile and get released from Stress.
3. Reduce Negative Thinking:Negative thinking will only affect your health and you. Train your brain to be positive to think positive. Smiling or Laughing will help you to remove the negativism. Smiling will always create a positive mood and begins to create a habit in your brain and will help you to feel happy.
Find a dentist in your area online to make an appointment today at Standard Dental LLC.
Till then, Keep smiling and spread happiness to everyone.
Get 6 natural home remedies that you can use at your home to get rid off the cavity.
- Chewing Sugar-free gums:
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste:
- Clove Oil:
- Vitamin D:
- Cut out sugary foods:
How to Protect teeth from chlorine water?
1. Watch the pH balance
2. Prevent swimmers calculus:
3. Enamel and chlorine:
4. Practice pool safety:
5. Brush your teeth after swimming.
6. Keep your mouth closed when underwater.
How to Protect teeth from chlorine water?
How to brush your teeth
Daily brushing and cleaning your teeth is important because it removes plaque. If the plaque isn’t removed, it builds up and can cause tooth decay and gum disease. You should brush your teeth at least twice a day and toothbrushes should be replaced every 3-4 months, or when the bristles get worn or frayed.
1.Aim the toothbrush at a 45 degree angle towards the gum line.
2.Use a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
3.Use a gentle circular motion.
Repeat on the inside surfaces.
4.Electric toothbrushes also do a good job of cleaning teeth.
1. Restore your smile.
2. Restore the ability to properly chew and speak.
3. Maintain the shape of your face.
4. Distribute the forces in your bite properly by replacing missing teeth.
5. Prevent remaining teeth from drifting out of position.
Interesting Facts about Teeth and Dentistry:
Placing a dental implant is a process that is different for each patient. The healing process and the steps required all depend on what's going on in your mouth. The only way to know exactly what to expect is to consult with us at our office, but we'd be happy to give you an overview here:
Let us properly inform you about what you personally can expect! Schedule an appointment with Standard Dental LLC today call us at (301)299-1505.
1. Starting the day AFTER the extraction, swish 3 to 4 times a day with warm salt water (about a teaspoon of salt to 8 ounces of water). After swishing for about 30 seconds, stand over the sink and let the salt water mixture “drool out”, do not forcefully spit it out!
Gingivitis & Gum Disease Treatment | Potomac, MD
|Gum Disease Potomac | Gingivitis | Periodontal Disease | MD|
What can you do to prevent gum disease and protect your overall health
Causes and Prevention
- Teeth can occasionally chip or fracture when you bite down on something hard, like a popcorn kernel or hard bread.
- Often teeth that have fillings or root canals are at higher risk, because they are not as strong as those that have not had these procedures. However, even intact teeth can chip or fracture if you happen to bite down in just the wrong way on something hard.
- If you have fillings on your back teeth, try to avoid chewing on bones, hard candies, and ice. Wear a mouth guard if you play sports that could injure your teeth. A survey of college basketball players found that mouth guard users had a much lower risk of dental injuries.
- Teeth are built to chew and grind food. But if you grind or clench them often, you can damage their surfaces over time.
- Too much grinding can also cause headaches, muscle pain, and jaw injury.
- Many people who grind a lot don't realize they have a problem until a dentist notices the signs on their tooth surfaces. That is why it is so important to get a routine checkup every six months!
- Researchers think stress or anger may lead to tooth grinding. Try to manage your stress by taking walks, meditating, yoga, or other activities that are soothing and relaxing.
- Patient 1
- Patient 2